Welcome in Anjou !
Charming Holiday Cottages in Anjou, Loire Valley
- The properties known as “Les Vignes”, “Les Tournesols” and “Les Roses” (the Property) are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Denis Payen (the Letter) to the renter (the Client).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete the Booking Form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due) plus a £100.00 refundable security deposit. Following receipt of the Booking Form and both deposits, the Letter will send a confirmation acknowledgement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The person signing this Booking Form warrants that he/she has the authority of all members of his/her party to sign on their behalf and that he/she and the others agree to be bound by these conditions.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Letter reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A security deposit of £100.00 for the United Kingdom or 100.00€ elsewhere is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Letter. The Letter will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- , in the event of cancellation refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Letter is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Letter’s insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The Letter shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated
- The maximum number to reside in the Properties must not exceed:
- Les Tournesols : 7
- Les Vignes : 6
- Les Roses : 2 + 1 young child unless the Letter has given written permission.
- However, the number must not exceed that shown on the booking form.
- Visiting friends and family of our Client are not permitted to use the facilities at the property (Pool, Play equipment, etc).
- The Client is responsible for leaving the property, furniture and effects clean, in good order and condition. Cleaning is not included in the price and the client is expected to leave the accommodation in the manner in which it was found. Should additional cleaning be required to make the accommodation ready for a new client, cleaning will be charged at 60.00 euros which will be deducted from the security deposit. The Client agrees to be considerate and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the Property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Client shall not sub-let the Property.
- The Client shall report to the Letter (or Letter’s Agent) without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment. Such as plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made by the Letter or his Representative as soon as possible. We cannot accept any complaints after the Client has returned home where we have not been given the opportunity to put the matter right during their stay.
- The Letter shall not be liable to the Client:
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Letter or his authorized Agents.
- Sudden incapacity of the Letter to deliver the service to the Client.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such event the Letter shall, within seven days of the notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Letter’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Letters for the rental period.
- The use of accommodation and amenities where offered such as swimming pool, children’s play area, garden etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user’s or visitor’s belongings. The Cottages have been carefully restored to ensure their original character has been retained. Therefore, doors, low beams and ceilings, steeper and narrow staircases should be expected in our cottages. No responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The bringing of pets on to the Property is not allowed but please do inquire if you own a service dog. No camping is permitted on the Property grounds. Smoking is not permitted in the Property or communal areas.
- We would like to draw to your attention that the properties have septic tanks and therefore the use of any products such as bleach; anti-bacterial soaps and cleaners are strictly forbidden, as they destroy the organisms in the tanks. Also products such as nappies, tissue papers or sanitary products will cause maximum disruption to the septic system and the reason why sanitary bags are provided in the toilets and bathrooms.
- Bed linen, (bottom sheet, duvet cover, pillowcases) and House towels are not provided but are available at the price of 15€/bed and 8€/person for the house towels. If provided, house towels must not be used at the pool.
- Electricity is included in the price for the gites “Les Vignes” and “Les Roses”. For the gite “Les Tournesols” electricity is included during the “Peak Season” but will be paid at the rate in effect with the energy supplier during all the other periods (electric heating).
- A discount of 10% (See pricing) is given for the 2nd week.
- The Letter’s reserve the right to enter the properties during the let should it become apparent that there is a problem such as fire, flood or other occurrences that could represent a threat to the occupants of the gîtes and/or to avoid services not being delivered to the Clients (electricity, water, etc).
- It is the guest’s sole responsibility to ensure that the courtyard gates are closed at all times after entry and exit.
- The above ground Heated Swimming Pool is opened from June until mid September weather permitting. The Swimming Pool is accessible daily from 10.00am until 7.30pm. Children are not permitted around and in the pool without the constant supervision of an adult.
Find the booking condition concerning the various holiday rentals available at Gîtes du Layon in Maine-et-Loire 49